test and appology
Tim Merigan
2003-09-25 23:43:20 UTC
The test is to see if my outgoing NNTP is working

The apology is for using this forum. (I subbed to alt.test but it froze
my mail reader.)

BTW I like the limericks you all have been posting.
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.

Tim Merrigan
e-mail: ***@comcast.net
AIM: tppm1
YM: Tim_Merrigan

Science Fiction fans please try APA-***@yahoogroups.com --
http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/APA-LASFS
This is a general interest Science Fiction fan list - not an "adult" list.

2003-09-26 00:09:52 UTC
Post by Tim Merigan
The test is to see if my outgoing NNTP is working
The apology is for using this forum. (I subbed to alt.test but it froze
my mail reader.)
BTW I like the limericks you all have been posting.
Frankly odd is our friend from Saint Paul.
He goes nude to each masquerade ball.
With his weenie for fun
Wrapped up in a bun,
But he can't cut the mustard at all.

Daytek
2003-09-27 00:23:10 UTC
On 25 Sep 2003 23:43:20 GMT The Greatest Person On Usenet, Tim
Merigan, Spoke Unto The Best Group, saying....
Post by Tim Merigan
The test is to see if my outgoing NNTP is working
The apology is for using this forum. (I subbed to alt.test but it froze
my mail reader.)
BTW I like the limericks you all have been posting.
Well, I would expect a person from comcast to test here and not
alt.test.<bfg>

Comcast is now regulating how much you can use their services.
Too much up or too much down and you get bumped for a few days as
punishment. But they will not define "how much is too much?"

I read the article in some group last night.
I was scanning groups. Don't remember where I saw it. Sorry.

Then saw that some assholes are talking "faq" for proper use of
alt.test. bullshit IMHO.
Tim Merigan
2003-09-27 02:14:18 UTC
Post by Daytek
Well, I would expect a person from comcast to test here and not
alt.test.<bfg>
Comcast is now regulating how much you can use their services.
Too much up or too much down and you get bumped for a few days as
punishment. But they will not define "how much is too much?"
I read the article in some group last night.
I was scanning groups. Don't remember where I saw it. Sorry.
Then saw that some assholes are talking "faq" for proper use of
alt.test. bullshit IMHO.
I only heard about comcast restrictions the other day, and haven't heard
anything official directly. My problem however seems to have been with
the combination of Mozilla and Uncensored news. I set Mozilla to
download all messages and got 490 from alt.test on netnews.comcast.net
which was no problem, though I couldn't upload messages because I seem
to have forgotten my password (it appears not to be the same as for the
rest of my Comcast services), but when I downloaded alt.test on
cosmos.uncensored-news.com I got 19,000 plus messages, which seems to
have caused Mozilla to freeze.

And I agree that a faq for alt.test seems like a ridicules idea.

Daytek
2003-09-27 17:55:09 UTC
On 27 Sep 2003 02:14:18 GMT The Greatest Person On Usenet, Tim
Post by Tim Merigan
Post by Daytek
[...]
WoW! 19,000 would lock me up also.<g>

Now For My Problem:
"I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of
America,
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many
peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all."

I know that's your wording and your right to such wording...but...
I am offended!

So I said it! Now I don't have a problem.<g>

Daytek

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands,
One Nation under GOD,
with Liberty and Justice for all!
The South's Gona' Rise Again,
and I ain't just whistling Dixie!
Tim Merrigan
2003-09-28 10:28:21 UTC
Post by Daytek
"I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of
America,
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many
peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all."
I know that's your wording and your right to such wording...but...
I am offended!
So I said it! Now I don't have a problem.<g>
Daytek
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands,
One Nation under GOD,
with Liberty and Justice for all!
The South's Gona' Rise Again,
and I ain't just whistling Dixie!
No problem. You're entitled to b/e/ w/r/o/n/g/ your opinion, but two
points, one: the versions of the pledge you're quoting is a corruption
of the original:

"I pledge allegiance to my flag, and to the republic for which it
stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

"My flag" was changed to "the flag of the United States of America" in
1943 (or there abouts) because the powers that be were afraid people
might be pledging allegiance to the wrong flag (specifically the Nazi
flag). "Under God" was added in 1956 for no good reason, I think it was
because of a political promise Ike had made or some such.

And if you want the south to rise again, shouldn't you be pledging
allegiance to the flag of the Confederate States of America ... with
liberty and justice for all white men.

Fastman®
2003-09-30 23:12:09 UTC
Post by Tim Merrigan
Post by Daytek
[...]
"I pledge allegiance to me, Fastman®, the most trusted person in
Usenet history, and everyone else should send me US$19.95."
--
Fastman®
A dunce for all seasons.

Quote: "I have never met a dunce I've liked!"

---------
The preceding post was scanned for signs of
intelligence by DMC®'s *Smarts Scanner*, with the following results:
FAILED
-----------------
© Copyright All rights reserved. The information contained in this post may not be published,
broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written
authority of the DMC®. Small fee will be charged, of course.
wolfington
2003-10-01 00:36:26 UTC
Post by Fastman®
Post by Tim Merrigan
Post by Daytek
[...]
Just put it on my runnin account. On account of I'll be runnin. <g>

We may live without poetry,music and art:
We may live without conscience,and live without heart;
We may live without friends,we may live without
books;
But civilized man cannot live without cooks.

Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Earl of Lytton
Fastman®
2003-10-01 16:54:06 UTC
[...]