Autumn pictures for wallpaper
2003-10-07 06:06:35 UTC
Went up around Lake Mille Lacs to see the "Fall Colors" (and use the
new camera).

Sadly, not much in the way of reds; but some gorgeous yellows.

Maybe a bit early this year ... but the fall frost has already killed
a lot of leaves; leaving about 1/3 of the trees bare already.

Still ... The idea was to get some nice pictures ... ones I could use
for wallpaper, with my 1600x1200 screen. These do nicely.

The first two (AUTUMN01 & AUTUMN02) were just trying out the camera on
some farmland near where my wife went to church Sunday. A farm, and
then the road with a stray jogger who got into the picture.

The rest were taken up around Mille Lacs.
The first set (AUTUMN03-AUTUMN10) were taken at Father Hennepin State
Park. The water-view is of the bay near Isle, from Fr. Hennepin.

The next three water-views (11-13) were from the North Shore, looking
out across Mille Lacs. It was quite pretty, and I hoped to capture it
... but the pictures lack somewhat of the view.

AUTUMN14-AUTUMN17 were taken on a dirt-road leading into a part of
what I think was National Forest.

AUTUMN18 was taken of an old boat-landing on Mille Lacs, that the Park
Service has now blocked-off from access except by foot. ;-{
A few years ago, I used to launch the sailboat from there. No more.

AUTUMN19 (my favorite, and what I'm now using for wallpaper) was taken
at the other State Park on the West Side of Mille Lacs. (Sorry ...
Can't remember the park name.)

At 1600x1200, they make nice wallpaper on my old 2nd-hand 21" monitor.

Hope you enjoy them too.

Note cross-posting. (Hope I spelled everything right.)

helmet
2003-10-07 21:50:30 UTC
Post by Frank McCoy
[...]
Beautiful pictures Frank. They look absolutely brilliant on my
desktop. I scour the wallpaper group for hours looking for nice pics.
Thanks.
Frank McCoy
2003-10-08 14:03:05 UTC
Post by helmet
Post by Frank McCoy
[...]
Wallpaper group?
I suppose I should expect there to be several. ;-}