Happy Birthday Ms. McCoy
2005-05-08 21:52:07 UTC
And many more.
I 2nd that!
Thanks to both of you.
I'll tell her.
Went out to eat the day *before* her birthday to a restaurant we liked.
The soups were great ... but lukewarm.
The kid and the wife got ribs ... which were lukewarm and WAY
overcooked. Somebody must like ribs cooked to a mush.

I got the "all you can eat" crab-legs.
They were hot when served, but dead-cold by the time I managed to pry
enough open to get a tiny bit out. The wife and the kid were grumping
at me that it was taking all night for me to eat. No wonder they were
all-you-can-eat. By the time you'd be ready for another plateful, the
restaurant would be closing.

Ah well ...
So, last night, *I* prepared ribs instead.
Everybody liked *my* ribs a lot better.
It just takes *effort* to make good ribs.
You don't just throw them in the oven and bake them.

The day before her birthday I was dithering around, wondering WHAT to
get the wife as a small gift for her birthday; because I hadn't been out
ALONE without her to shop in months. So, since she hadn't gone out with
me, I racked my brain ... and finally went over to Radio-Schlock and
bought her a headset for the cordless phone. (We don't use cell-phones
here.) I mentioned that I got her a gift ... and she said, "Don't you
remember? You got me a gift down at that gift-store several months ago.
We put it away for my birthday." Geesh. THEN I remembered. A
beautiful cross with about a dozen different colored jewels in it.

Ah Well ... This way she got TWO nice gifts.
I hope she can use the headset.

Today we have relatives over. We're having Turkey dinner prepared
"compu-cook" wise in the Microwave/Convection oven. It does GREAT for
chickens; so we hope it will do the same for turkeys.

Everybody else right now is out in the kitchen playing cards.
I'm relaxing for the first time in about two days.

Last night I was up till about 2:00 in the morning repairing the tile in
the kitchen floor.

Back to work on Monday.
Working Cleanup at a lumber-yard. Running around driving a fork-lift
all day with a dumpster on the front; picking up garbage, plastic
covers, and ties. Not the greatest job; but at least it's close and the
weather has been nice.

Right now I've got most of the windows and doors open, because it's
nicer outside than inside. A bit too early for air-conditioning yet.

Cross-posted this to my froup as well.
Thanks for the thoughts.
Daytek
2005-05-09 03:30:02 UTC
Post by Frank McCoy
[...]
Frank, only you can have such good luck. I think your bad times out-number
your good times, but your love for your wife makes things right!

May you do well on your job until you get something better.

Daytek
Frank McCoy
2005-05-10 00:09:52 UTC
Post by Daytek
Post by Frank McCoy
[...]
bad times?
Don't really remember any really BAD times.
Some poor times, back between when I got out of the Service and before I
met the wife; but no really BAD times. Some poor choices and bad timing
on occasion, but doesn't everybody have those.

Life with the wife DOES make things nice though.
I have to agree with that.
Tim Merrigan
2005-05-09 05:11:25 UTC
Post by Frank McCoy
[...]
Happy Birthday and Happy mothers day to our wife.
and to the republic which it established, one nation, from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Tim Merrigan
Tim Merrigan
2005-05-09 19:09:09 UTC
Post by Tim Merrigan
Post by Frank McCoy
[...]
make that *y*our wife,

Tim Merrigan
Frank McCoy
2005-05-10 00:10:44 UTC
Post by Tim Merrigan
Post by Tim Merrigan
Post by Frank McCoy
[...]
Ah ... For a moment there, you had me wondering. ;-}
Thanks. Appreciated.