'Last one out please turn off the lights'
F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
2003-08-24 05:45:05 UTC
As a long time lurker, I remember this quote. Altho I can't exactly
remember which group I found it in. <sigh> I sure miss the old Taps.wav
place ... -
Anyway, <BFG> I'm back on the net again! Yahoo! (not a plug)
-
Best to All (still over here)- Fast Cadillac
__
2003-08-25 04:38:40 UTC
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
As a long time lurker, I remember this quote. Altho I can't exactly
remember which group I found it in. <sigh> I sure miss the old Taps.wav
place ... -
Anyway, <BFG> I'm back on the net again! Yahoo! (not a plug)
-
Best to All (still over here)- Fast Cadillac
__
Well, the lights are on pretty bright here.
I'm still posting the occasional story.
And ... For a while I was having a nice limerick duel over on the old
grounds ... but everybody else gave up. ;-{

Phaedra Dragon
I guess Fasty didn't like me horning in on that duel.
Fastman®
2003-08-27 05:04:08 UTC
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:15:51 GMT, Phaedra Dragon
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
As a long time lurker, I remember this quote. Altho I can't exactly
remember which group I found it in. <sigh> I sure miss the old Taps.wav
place ... -
Anyway, <BFG> I'm back on the net again! Yahoo! (not a plug)
-
Best to All (still over here)- Fast Cadillac
__
Well, the lights are on pretty bright here.
I'm still posting the occasional story.
And ... For a while I was having a nice limerick duel over on the old
grounds ... but everybody else gave up. ;-{
I guess Fasty didn't like me horning in on that duel.
It wasn't that I minded, but at the stage of the game that Fred and I
were at, I thought your timing a bit off.
No big deal.
At just a few days shy of a month, to suddenly have Fred's attention
divided, seemed unfair to him, and so I moved over.
You were good for what, one day? Hahahahahahahahahaha...sorry, that
just slipped out.<s>
--
Fastman®
A dunce for all seasons.

Quote: "I have never met a dunce I've liked!"

---------
The preceding post was scanned for signs of
intelligence by DMC®'s *Smarts Scanner*, with the following results:
FAILED
-----------------
© Copyright All rights reserved. The information contained in this post may not be published,
broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written
authority of the DMC®. Small fee will be charged, of course.
Phaedra Dragon
2003-08-27 20:12:35 UTC
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
[...]
mebbe so - but when you capitulated - I didnt see the point in
continuing.
Phaedra Dragon
2003-08-29 00:46:24 UTC
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
[...]
I am a capitalist, and we capitulate.
I once met a guy really sick
He said his name was Dick
He really loved girls
and would give them a whirl
until one took a knife to his prick

Next!
Frank McCoy
2003-08-29 02:59:23 UTC
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
[...]
Now if I could just dig up the one about Lorena ....

There was a mad Scientist from Gaul
Who thought he'd make love to a doll.
She said "I hate French,
and you really do stench,
but for 1 million francs I'm your moll."

wolfington
2003-08-29 03:24:22 UTC
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
[...]
There was a young fellow from Kent
whose dick was so long it was bent
he had so much trouble
he stuck it in double
and instead of coming he went.

We may live without poetry,music and art:
We may live without conscience,and live without heart;
We may live without friends,we may live without
books;
But civilized man cannot live without cooks.

Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Earl of Lytton
Frank McCoy
2003-08-29 17:12:50 UTC
Post by wolfington
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
[...]
Do we allow repeats from the duel just finished?
If so, this could take a *long* time.

Fastman®
Now really, that's a bit much, even for you.
TML
2003-08-31 21:48:38 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
Frank McCoy <***@millcomm.com> wrote:

. . . . . . . . . . .
( much snipped)

The best collection I know of is:
THE LIMERICK, ed by G. Legman
Bell Publishing Company, New Yotk
ISBN 0-517-139111
copyright 1969

There are 1700 limericks in this book, in 19 general catagories, with an
index and list of sources.
Frank McCoy
2003-09-01 01:05:54 UTC
Post by TML
. . . . . . . . . . .
( much snipped)
THE LIMERICK, ed by G. Legman
Bell Publishing Company, New Yotk
ISBN 0-517-139111
copyright 1969
There are 1700 limericks in this book, in 19 general catagories, with an
index and list of sources.
Well ... I only know about 500 offhand ... But I'll bet that at
*least* 100 of those aren't listed in the book you name. For probably
about 1/4 of those I remember were written *since* 1970. Not to
mention, probably 30 or more, by me alone. ;-}

Limericks are an evolving species ... at least in colors and content,
if not structure.

An old Limerick Writer named Steve
Started a new poem this eve.
He worked through the night
Until broadest day light,
When the librarian forced him to leave.

F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
2003-09-14 06:23:07 UTC
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by TML
. . . . . . . . . . .
( much snipped)
THE LIMERICK, ed by G. Legman
Bell Publishing Company, New Yotk
ISBN 0-517-139111
copyright 1969
There are 1700 limericks in this book, in 19 general catagories, with an
index and list of sources.
Well ... I only know about 500 offhand ... But I'll bet that at
*least* 100 of those aren't listed in the book you name. For probably
about 1/4 of those I remember were written *since* 1970. Not to
mention, probably 30 or more, by me alone. ;-}
Limericks are an evolving species ... at least in colors and content,
if not structure.
An old Limerick Writer named Steve
Started a new poem this eve.
He worked through the night
Until broadest day light,
When the librarian forced him to leave. --
-
Please post more Limericks-
-
Thanks- Fast Cadillac
__
2003-09-14 16:03:31 UTC
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by TML
. . . . . . . . . . .
[...]
A worried young man from Stamboul
Discovered red spots on his tool.
Said the doctor, a cynic,
"Get out of my clinic!
Just wipe off the lipstick, you fool."

There was a young girl in Dakota
Had a letter from Ickes; he wrote her:
"In addition to gas
We are rationing ass,
And you've greatly exceeded your quota."

Daytek
2003-09-15 17:01:04 UTC
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:03:31 -0500 The Greatest Person On Usenet,
Frank McCoy, Spoke Unto The Best Group, saying....
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by TML
. . . . . . . . . . .
[...]
/ ' / â?¢
-------------------------------------
There was a fair maiden named Pitts
Who said "Yes sir you can fuck my tits
Put your cock in my rear,
my pussy and ear
And anyplace else that it fits.
Frank McCoy
2003-09-16 01:30:19 UTC
Post by Daytek
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:03:31 -0500 The Greatest Person On Usenet,
Frank McCoy, Spoke Unto The Best Group, saying....
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by TML
. . . . . . . . . . .
[...]
There once was a hacker named Ken,
Who "inherited" truckloads of Yen,
So he built him some chicks,
Out of silicon chips,
And hasn't been heard from since then.

Phaedra Dragon
2003-09-19 01:28:48 UTC
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by Daytek
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:03:31 -0500 The Greatest Person On Usenet,
Frank McCoy, Spoke Unto The Best Group, saying....
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by TML
. . . . . . . . . . .
[...]
Although Ken has not been heard of since then,
his chicks got out of their pen
Now they go down the road
Draining horny man's load
And dropping off little ones named Ken
Frank McCoy
2003-09-19 22:27:54 UTC
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by Daytek
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:03:31 -0500 The Greatest Person On Usenet,
Frank McCoy, Spoke Unto The Best Group, saying....
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by TML
. . . . . . . . . . .
[...]
The get of a silicon chick
Can seem to be rather thick.
For a silicon brain
Takes too much of a drain
On the quick chick's thick memory stick!

Phaedra Dragon
2003-09-21 07:35:09 UTC
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by Daytek
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:03:31 -0500 The Greatest Person On Usenet,
Frank McCoy, Spoke Unto The Best Group, saying....
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
Post by Frank McCoy
. . . . . . . . . . .
Now there is a double twist - It is a limerick and a tongue twister.
Frank McCoy
2003-09-21 23:57:47 UTC
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by Daytek
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:03:31 -0500 The Greatest Person On Usenet,
Frank McCoy, Spoke Unto The Best Group, saying....
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by TML
. . . . . . . . . . .
[...]
Glad you like it. ;-}

a***@NOW.AT.arargh.com
2003-09-01 07:10:34 UTC
Post by TML
. . . . . . . . . . .
( much snipped)
THE LIMERICK, ed by G. Legman
Bell Publishing Company, New Yotk
ISBN 0-517-139111
copyright 1969
There are 1700 limericks in this book, in 19 general catagories, with an
index and list of sources.
Is that the one that says something about all contained in this book
are in the "other" category?
--
Arargh308 at [drop the 'http://www.' from ->] http://www.arargh.com
BCET Basic Compiler Page: http://www.arargh.com/basic/index.html

To reply by email, remove the garbage from the reply address.
Fastman®
2003-08-27 05:01:11 UTC
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
As a long time lurker, I remember this quote. Altho I can't exactly
remember which group I found it in. <sigh> I sure miss the old Taps.wav
place ... -
Anyway, <BFG> I'm back on the net again! Yahoo! (not a plug)
-
Best to All (still over here)- Fast Cadillac
__
Well, the lights are on pretty bright here.
I'm still posting the occasional story.
And ... For a while I was having a nice limerick duel over on the old
grounds ... but everybody else gave up. ;-{
That is a fib.
I only moved over once you began catering to amateurs.
I am still very much locked and loaded......

Frank McCoy
2003-08-27 15:30:01 UTC
Post by Fastman®
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
As a long time lurker, I remember this quote. Altho I can't exactly
remember which group I found it in. <sigh> I sure miss the old Taps.wav
place ... -
Anyway, <BFG> I'm back on the net again! Yahoo! (not a plug)
-
Best to All (still over here)- Fast Cadillac
__
Well, the lights are on pretty bright here.
I'm still posting the occasional story.
And ... For a while I was having a nice limerick duel over on the old
grounds ... but everybody else gave up. ;-{
That is a fib.
I only moved over once you began catering to amateurs.
I am still very much locked and loaded......
I take on all comers.
If it bothers you, ignore my responses to others.
You never responded to my last response to YOU.
I've been waiting.
Still ... I suppose I could give another.

Fastman®
2003-08-28 00:05:25 UTC
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by Fastman®
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
[...]
Hey! Why you wanna take that tone with me?
You ain't all that man.
Jeesh, get a life.

Phaedra Dragon
2003-08-29 00:50:11 UTC
BTW, happen to remember that one I posted about the tattooed guy that
wasn't dead?
It's true ya know.
Couldn't find any about a tattoed guy.
Tattoed GIRL, yes. Guy, no.
perhaps you could repost it? I cant quite recall the way it went.
BTW - any limericks about railroads? Airplanes? Trucks? Ships?
Horses? Camels? Mules? Donkeys? Moose?

Not to change the subject but would either of you know the slang
version for the following RR names? B&O. AT&SF.
Fastman®

Phaedra Dragon
2003-08-30 06:57:21 UTC
Post by Phaedra Dragon
BTW, happen to remember that one I posted about the tattooed guy that
wasn't dead?
It's true ya know.
Couldn't find any about a tattoed guy.
Tattoed GIRL, yes. Guy, no.
perhaps you could repost it? I cant quite recall the way it went.
On the boo-boos of a hooker named Gail
Was tattooed the price of her tail.
And on her behind,
For the sake of the blind,
Was the same information in Braille.
Post by Phaedra Dragon
BTW - any limericks about railroads? Airplanes? Trucks? Ships?
Horses? Camels? Mules? Donkeys? Moose?
Probably could dig up one for each ... but would take some searching.
An old camel humper named Balah
Each night gave sincere thanks to Allah.
For better than girls
Dressed up in white curls
Was the cross-breed he got from an impalla!
Post by Phaedra Dragon
Not to change the subject but would either of you know the slang
version for the following RR names? B&O. AT&SF.
No, just the real ones.
B&O -- aka - Bean-O. AT&SF - aka "All Tramps Sent Free"
Up - Onion Pacifack, Oonoon Cific
Frank McCoy
2003-08-31 20:46:58 UTC
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
Post by Phaedra Dragon
BTW - any limericks about railroads? Airplanes? Trucks? Ships?
Not to change the subject but would either of you know the slang
version for the following RR names? B&O. AT&SF.
Psst- Baltimore & Ohio, Atchinson Topeka-Sante-Fe ... <G>
-
Best 2 All- Fast Cadillac
__
Yeah but ... He wanted *slang* versions of the names.
Like:
Barf And Orgy
Or
A Tiny Steel Fence
Any Time, Stupid Fucker.
At The Start, Fuckup!

Phaedra Dragon
2003-09-04 09:17:11 UTC
Post by Frank McCoy
Post by F***@White.Wolf.Lodge
Post by Phaedra Dragon
BTW - any limericks about railroads? Airplanes? Trucks? Ships?
Not to change the subject but would either of you know the slang
version for the following RR names? B&O. AT&SF.
Psst- Baltimore & Ohio, Atchinson Topeka-Sante-Fe ... <G>
-
Best 2 All- Fast Cadillac
__
Yeah but ... He wanted *slang* versions of the names.
Barf And Orgy
Or
A Tiny Steel Fence
Any Time, Stupid Fucker.
At The Start, Fuckup!
I like those - frank.
but dont forget the "Beans and Onions", or the "Cheese and Onions", or
the "Not Safe", or the "Free Elastic Collection".
But what could you make from the - C.M.St.P & P.?
Or the C.R.I.& P.?
Fastman®
2003-08-29 17:16:21 UTC
BTW, happen to remember that one I posted about the tattooed guy that
wasn't dead?
It's true ya know.
Couldn't find any about a tattoed guy.
Tattoed GIRL, yes. Guy, no.
A man who was covered in ink,
was declared to have died, but just think,
that his friends, once all sad,
will now be all mad,
as he's not quite as dead as they think.

Phaedra Dragon
2003-08-30 07:03:03 UTC
Post by Fastman®
BTW, happen to remember that one I posted about the tattooed guy that
wasn't dead?
It's true ya know.
Couldn't find any about a tattoed guy.
Tattoed GIRL, yes. Guy, no.
A man who was covered in ink,
was declared to have died, but just think,
that his friends, once all sad,
will now be all mad,
as he's not quite as dead as they think.
from a song about a dying aussie:

"Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred;
Tan me hide when I'm Dead."
So we tanned his hide
when he died, Clyde
and that's it hanging on the shed.

[all togehter now - "tie me kangaroo down sport...............]
Tim Merrigan
2003-08-30 13:23:02 UTC
Post by Phaedra Dragon
"Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred;
Tan me hide when I'm Dead."
So we tanned his hide
when he died, Clyde
and that's it hanging on the shed.
[all togehter now - "tie me kangaroo down sport...............]
Thanks, in years of hearing that sung I'd never noticed its verses were
limericks.

--
I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America, and
to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,

Tim Merrigan
e-mail: ***@comcast.net
AIM: tppm1
YM: Tim_Merrigan

Science Fiction fans please try APA-***@yahoogroups.com --
http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/APA-LASFS
This is a general interest Science Fiction fan list - not an "adult" list.