Everh have a story you just cannot put down?
2004-07-06 22:08:55 UTC
Every once in a while I get a story I just can't stop reading ...
sometimes staying up all night when I need to go to work in the
morning, because I just *cannot* put the book down until I find out
what happens to people I've grown to care about.

Surprisingly, this hasn't led to me falling asleep at work ... yet.

However, a couple of times (like right now) I've had a similar problem
... with a story I was *writing* instead of reading. I just cannot
stop adding to the story. Each time I pick it up to add just a
sentence, a word-change, or spelling-correction, instead of a light
little edit, it ends up with whole paragraphs and even whole pages
added, as I decide the story needs, "just a little bit more," or the
description seems a bit pale ... so I add more until the muse drops
her interest in me for a time, so I go and print out what I again
think is complete ... Until I start trying to do a "final edit" on the
thing again.

This is the second time this has happened. The first was that "A
Teenaged Boy's Fantasy" that grew from a couple pages I quickly threw
together, into close to novelette length.

Is this a good or a bad thing?
The one I'm working on (similar to ATBF) is mainly just a jerkoff
fantasy, not really a tale that a person could get his teeth into.
Some of the other stories almost finished ARE real bedtime stories ...
but for some reason THOSE don't keep me coming back to add to their
tales. With the real stories, such additions might be worthwhile.

Still, the muse takes me where SHE wants to go, not where I intend to
travel.
Nikki
2004-07-07 00:41:38 UTC
Frank,

I Wish I Had The Talent To Weight A Story,Spell,GRamer,Etc.

I Have Hoped That The Stories I Have Bean Postibg The Past Few Months
Would Give You Some Ideas
And Start You Wrighting Again.

Your Friend Nikki
travel.
Frank McCoy
2004-07-07 02:40:18 UTC
Post by Nikki
Frank,
I Wish I Had The Talent To Weight A Story,Spell,GRamer,Etc.
Hmmm ... Only one person I know ever had that bad a ....
Never mind. The evidence accumulates though. ;-}
Post by Nikki
I Have Hoped That The Stories I Have Bean Postibg The Past Few Months
Would Give You Some Ideas
And Start You Wrighting Again.
Well ... Most of those stories I've read before; and I usually have
multiple copies in my archives. OTOH, some are well worth re-reading,
and so I enjoy them all over again.

But my stimulation and story ideas STILL come from the same place they
usually do ... My horny and fertile mind when I wake up from a
wet-dream in the morning.

OK ... SOMETIMES it isn't a wet-dream, but a real serious story,
usually a science-fiction or fantasy story, or combination thereof.